Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Library Appreciation Day!

So, my buddy Shelli Johannes-Wells turned me on to Library Appreciation Day (today) --part of National Library Week--and I'm so glad she did. I'm one of those dorks who just loves the library. The idea that I can go and check out books, movies and magazine for FREE any time I want has got to be greatest invention ever!

Libraries have evolved from the quiet, barely above a whisper hurry and get your books and get out places of the past to hangouts for people from toddlers to senior citizens. They compete for our interest with events, classes for the community and support for writers of all kinds.

One of my favorite libraries is the Palatine Public Library in Palatine, IL. Their Teen Advisory Board, made up of teens from 7-12th grade, contributes to The YA-5 blog! They are some of the most engaged group of teens I've had the pleasure of working with. Below are two of their latest reviews!


If you can, please make time this week to visit your local library. Let them know how much they mean to you and the community in which you live. At the very least--return those overdue books! :-)

Also check out the other awesome library posts this week!

xoxo-
Georgia

0 comments:

Post a Comment