Friday, October 29, 2010

The Allure of Standing in Line at Midnight

This has been a crazy-hectic-awesome week, so this post isn’t the greatest work I’ve ever done, but please forgive me! In return, I should have some exciting news to share with you next week.
A few years ago, everyone said there would never be another book release like HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. At the time, I totally thought everyone was right. I couldn’t imagine that I’d go stand in line for hours to get a book at midnight ever again. Then BREAKING DAWN came out, and everyone went to stand in line again.
While this feeling of wanting to stand in line at midnight occurs infrequently for me, I am looking forward to some great books in 2011. I know my fellow YA-5-er Emily was lucky enough to score an arc of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, and my cool friend Rebecca (she runs the official HUSH, HUSH fansite) got her hands on an electronic galley of DELIRIUM. And of course Emily and Rebecca said these books are fantastic. And I got incredibly jealous and pouted for a bit.
At this point, I would knock people down to read both of these books. And that’s a great thing, no? J
What do you like about standing in line for books? The camaraderie? The excitement? Fear that people will give away the plot before you can read the book?  
What 2011 books are you looking forward to most? Are there any you’ll go stand in line for?

1 comments:

Cholisose said...

Ah, I think it'd be fun, but severe lack of money keeps me from buying books very often, so I resort to the library generally. I hope there will continue to be more YA novels that bring crowds of people to line up for them, though.

Post a Comment