Friday, March 5, 2010

Hey YA-5, Whatcha Reading?


Kelly Barnhill

Steph Bowe

K.A. Holt

GIRL IN THE ARENA by, Lise Haines
GREGOR AND THE PROPHECY OF BANE by, Suzanne Collins
THE TITAN'S CURSE by, Rick Riordan
I'M A GENIUS OF UNSPEAKABLE EVIL AND I WANT TO BE YOUR CLASS PRESIDENT by, Josh Lieb

(I know, I know, too many books at once.)

Justina Ireland

SWOON by Nina Malkin
GOING BOVINE by Libba Bray

I keep putting off Going Bovine because Cameron is so similar to one of my MC's that I didn't want Bray's awesomeness to influence my writing (although I could probably benefit from some of her awesome). Swoon is a little darker than I usually read, and I don't really find the voice very YA, but I like it despite that.

And I'm also rereading the book I'm going to talk about on my next vlog...dum dum DUM!

Georgia McBride

DARKLIGHT by Lesley Livingston
CHASING BROOKLYN by Lisa Schroeder
BLEEDING VIOLET by Dia Reeves
BEAUTIFUL DEAD by Eden Maguire

Sara McClung

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Cristin Terrill

Right now I'm reading Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters with my little sister. I took her to see the film of the first book last week, and she promptly declared it to be her favorite movie of all time. I'm over the moon, because ever since she was born I've been waiting for her to grow old enough to read the same stuff I read.

Otherwise, I'm on a reading sabbatical. I've got enough of my own voices in my head without adding someone else's. As soon as I get rolling on my edits, though, I'm going to try to make a dent in my growing to-read pile. (I did re-read The Westing Game last night, but I don't count that, since I've read it about nine thousand times and could probably recite it from memory at this point.)

How about you, people of the world? Whatcha reading?

0 comments:

Post a Comment