synchronicities: 1. the quality or fact of being synchronous
2. the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality —used especially in the psychology of C. G. Jung
So, for the past few months I've curiously silent (very unlike me) whilst I was reading my way through 182 of the finest Young Adult fiction readers cared to nominate. That part of my life is now, sadly, over. But, some loose ends remain!
This list of similarities and coincidences that follows was taken from the 2010 Cybils YA Fiction nominations and was compiled by the 2010 Cybils YA Fiction Panel. It is no way to be considered completely exhaustive, as we are certain nominated books may have been missed. This list was originated out of amusement as the seven panelists as we read our way through the 182 titles. If you know of a nominated title that should be included in one of the synchronicities below, please feel free to submit it in the comments! To get the entire list, you’ll have to visit all seven of the panelist’s blogs.
42. Parents Called by First Name: Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters, Nothing Like You
43. Pepperspray: The River; Tension of Opposites
44. Photography is DEEP and MEANINGFUL: Faithful; Jumpstart the World; Hellie Jondoe; Hold Still, Split
45. Pissing Outdoors: City of Cannibals; Compromised; Folly, Jump; Stringz; When I was Joe
46. Poetry as a coping mechanism: Sorta Like a Rockstar, The Sky is Everywhere, Shakespeare Makes the Playoffs
47. Preacher’s Kids: Saving Maddie, The Less-Dead
48. Pregnancies: Dark days of Hamburger Halpin; Every Little Thing in the World; Folly; Stranded; Tell Me a Secret; Three Rivers Rising
49. Quoted Keats: The Life of Glass, The Secret to Lying
50. Rainbow Positive: f2m; Jumpstart the World; Love Drugged; A Love Story to My Dead Best Friend; Hold Still; The Less-Dead (ok, ultimately positive); Rhythm and Blues; Will; Will Grayson, Will Grayson
51. Red Hot Chili Peppers: A Little Wanting Song; Friend is Not a Verb
Wanna read the rest? Visit these blogs: